Le Fancy Comfy Blog
Bonjour my fellow fashion istas!
I have good news. Remember how we were all drowning in the Covid river of fashion-less misery the past few months? Well Tom Ford (+ an amazing assortment of designers;) just threw us a v ruffled life preserver--fashioned in delicate floral prints--and a pair of spring green floaties (puff sleeves save lives!) to match. Praise be (vie!).
A very virtual NYFW commenced and concluded this week, bringing with it both customary spring hues and an applaudable array of florals, as well as some lingering hints of F/W with splashes of moody styling and brooding tones. Needless to say, it was an all-around good time that noticeably lifted spirits (and hemlines! Mais oui!).
Tom Ford (CFDA board chairman) and the exceptionelle presenting designers, our hat's off to you for filling our souls with hope and our itemized lines with future sartorial indulgences. IMHO Spring 2021 can not come soon enough!
And now, without further ado, here are a few of our favorite lewks:
The pretty colors and extra extra styling characteristic of Rodarte (more is more is more!) always gets us right in the 🦋❤️ (butterflyheart). Loving these retro-whimsical looks:
yes. yes we do
The Boho but-make-it-chic Queen of Fashion herself never (like, ever) disappoints. Ruffles on ruffles on ruffles is *always* the right choice:
Alice + Olivia
A perennial favorite, CEO and creative director Stacey Bendet is a master of color+print. This lacy, feminine stunner--if "take me, I'm yours" were an outfit--is sure to bring all the boyz to the yard. *warning: keeping a 6-foot physical distance may be mission impossible
Cinq A Sept
Sending our hearts a flutter with the springiest green and the fluffiest shapes, Cinq A Sept is giving us the hope we need rn. Visions of crisp spring nights at the hottest spots--covid-19 a far distant memory, like that bad dream wiped away by a lover's kiss la nuit--filled our minds watching this show. *I know, I know... but a girl can dream, right?
File this under "what we hope all loungewear looks like in 2021." Rosetta Getty, you get us.
Fancy nightgown, anyone?
A favorite fashion maison of A-listers, Mark Badgley and James Mischka are spelled G-L-A-M. And we are here for it. This tone on tone stunner has the sleeves of our dreams and a svelte sillhouette to boot. Keep it saucy, people! *advice we imagine B+M gives to those fortunate enough to run in le circles #blessed
This looks clearly speaks for itself, so we're finding ourselves a little speechless at this point. Except: Nobody does it like Tom Ford, ladiezz. *also never say no to a matching set. oui oui!
Sweet Anna Sui is nothin' but a breath of fresh air, year after year. Easily one of our most looked forward to shows at NYFW! Her bubblegum punk take on quarantine dressing has us all heart+star eyes. If every day in quarantine looked like this, I'm afraid we'd be out of things to complain about. And that would really be a shame.
"Chill baby" the unofficial official phrase of a post-covid, post-election 2021
Cult-favorite Khaite is back at it again with their #mood and their #drama and their #fashun. Had a teensy bit of a difficult time assessing the actual #fashun bc le show was v artsy and you can literally only see about 17% of each garment. Nevertheless, it was beautiful, and inspiring, and secured the label's iron grip on my heartstrings for yet another seazun.
Oh, Zimmermann. Our forever love. If human to fashion label matrimony were a thing, we'd be first to the courthouse, eponymous gown adorned. So many reasons to be eternally entwined with this beloved Australian label, not the least of which is that if, heaven forbid, we ever succumb to lovers' quarrels, we gone leave with half. *Zimmermann I would NEVER do that to you it was just a joke ilysm
the end. wake me up in spring 2021. lol ;)
Wow. Who would have thought 2020 would start off with such a bang? But not like a loud, happy, fun bang; more like one of those long, low gongggggs that shakes your entire body and reverberates through your bones and seems to go on forever. Like literally forever. Maybe not forever 😉. But one thing is for certain, COVID-19 is a new beast, my friends.
But we’re going to get through this! Let’s try to do it as safely, healthily and sanely as possible. Yeah?
Here are some things that are sure to keep us sane over these next x months:
- Get grounded. Prayer. Meditation. Journaling. Experts say (we love a good appeal to the “experts.” V effective. Experts say.) these things will solve all your problems immediately and completely in perpetuity 4ever. Lolz. But for real, having a grounding practice has kept me from losing it every five minutes these last few weeks. What it should look like is probably different for everyone. But for me it’s this: start the morning off with a prayer (extra points for giving thanks!), read some words of scripture (whatever speaks to your soul 🙏), and set your intention for the day (I recommend using my best friend, The Five Minute Journal. Abt to become your best friend too). Life-changing. I’m telling you.
- Get rly into skincare. I’m not even gonna try to pretend to be an expert on this one, I’m just gonna say check out these skincare queens and do whatever they say 😉: @kathleenjenningsbeauty, @greatthingsibought and @jamieobanion
- Perfect time to perfect the perfect yoga pose. Bc as some famous yogi said, "You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside." Mmm. Yeah. What she said. Not good at yoga? Don’t worry, bc as another yogi said: "It's not about being good at something. It's about being good to yourself." Treat yo self. With a lil yogi treat. Savasana. Night night bb. Furthermore--in case I haven’t convinced you yet--when in lockdown, yoga is a cure for wanderlust: "Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self." When you can’t journey physically, journey yogically! Heh. Here are a few of my fave YouTube videos (ilYT bc free): 20 min practice, 30 minute practice, and 40 minute practice
- The shows must go on. Ahhh. My favorite topic. Here’s a list of all the shows you apparently need to be watching rn according to me and my best insta friends: Friday Night Lights, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Schitt’s Creek, Pushing Daisies, The Good Place, The Great Interior Design Challenge, Next in Fashion, The Man in the High Castle, Making the Cut, Salt Fat Acid Heat, All American, Love is Blind. Any other recommendations you’d like to add? Leave a comment below and we’ll add it in! Thanks boo :)
- No more excuses not to read all those books you always said you were gonna read (talking mostly to myself here 😜). I used to be a reader. I’d like to still be a reader. But I also apparently have a bottomless pit of excuses as to why I don’t have time (v original ;). What better excuse than a stay-at-home order to throw all those other excuses out with the handwashing water and become a reader? For good book ideas, I always go to my girl Janssen of Everyday Reading. She’s got lists as bottomless as my excuses, and her taste never lets me down. Start with 10 Great Books: My Most Recommended Titles. Or maybe 17 Lighthearted and Funny Books for Grownups, if you’d like to stop crying for a minute or two and have a little laugh. Might be nice (*says in between sobs*).
- Go for a walk. Sunshine. Fresh air. Trees. #Nature never disappoints!
- Virtual GNI with your besties courtesy of Zoom, Facetime, or Google Hangout. Burnin it down online is almost as fun as burning it down mano y mano. But girls.
- Get fancy. Nowhere to go? Who cares! Try that new makeup tutorial, beachy-wave your hair, and dress up while you’re dressing down. I recommend a pretty nightgown and robe. Nothing like a fancy nightgown to put a lil pep in your quarantine step.
- Take a class. Experts (aka me times the power of Google) say Coursera, Masterclass, Udemy, LinkedIn Learning, Google Digital Garage, edX, Khan Academy, Skillshare, FutureLearn, Lynda are all good bets ;). Happy learning smarty!
- Make some fun plans for the future. Actual experts (😂) say, planning a trip is even more fun than actually taking it. For rillz. A 2010 study found that vacationers experience a significant boost of happiness in the planning and anticipation stage of a trip, even more so than when they are on the trip! Wut? Makes sense though when you think about it. Imagination is powerful. Also imagination costs no $$, so the planning stage can be as extravagant as your diva self demands. Penthouse suite plz! Vacays not your thing? That’s ok. Make plans for anything you’d like to do in the future. Learn a language. Take up a new skill. Land your dream job. Map it all out and plan how you’re going to execute, down to the tiniest detail. I promise you’ll feel happier, and more empowered, than ever before. Plus you’ll have a plan to follow when someday comes ;).
There you have it friends! Your official COVID-19 quarantine survival guide, courtesy of your local fancy, comfy, 24/7 jammie expert. Stay healthy, stay well, and always, stay comfy babes ✌️.